Wilfrid Laurier University
Laurier traces its roots to the opening of the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary in Waterloo more than 100 years ago in 1911. We’ve gone through several changes since then, and in 1973 our name changed from Waterloo Lutheran University to Wilfrid Laurier University. In 1999, we opened our campus in Brantford. In 2018, the Ontario government announced final approval for Laurier to establish a campus in Milton in partnership with Conestoga College.